July 11, 2008

Grilled Cookie


BEST IDEA EVER.  



Grilled Cookie

Fire up the grill.
Make up your favorite cookie dough.  

Put a lightly oiled cast iron skillet on the grill to heat up for a few minutes, then pat down the dough.  It'll be patchy at first, but as it heats up the top will smooth out a bit.  Cover the grill and let it go.  It's generally done when the sides are a deep golden brown.  The texture is a bit like a cookie bar with a thick bottom crust.  

So far we've made your general chocolate chip cookie and a peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookie.  Both, obviously, were incredible.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, what an awesome and incredibly original idea!

Katy said...

I saw this once at a restaurant, but never thought to do it at home. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing idea! I'm totally going to try this...maybe I'll do a giant snickerdoodle =]

Zhi Zhi said...

Michelle and Jerry, I am so very glad to know you two. Now I know what I can do for some comfort food while here in Korea with no oven!

Lovlie said...

Cool idea! That would save me on days I don't want to put the oven on!

Anonymous said...

THAT isw a great idea and a lovely excuse to make some sugar cookies.

Because of the larger size of the cookie I might try adding large chunks of fruit.

Also, thank you for the suggestion on the book. :D

jessy said...

omg, this. is. glorious. GLORIOUS!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and what a brilliant way to cook the cookie.

Krys

. said...

J Jones! This is Joseph Campbell from Actionville. My girlfriend and I recently moved across the country and ran into your parents along the way - they let me know about this blog, which I think is fantastic. I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, and the girl is vegan so most of our meals are vegan as well. We'll definitely look forward to trying out some of these recipes, and in the meantime you should send an e-mail my way at product80876@gmail.com . I'd love to catch up!