July 6, 2008

Chickpea Salad

Alas, my 7:30-4:00 summer school schedule is over and our week-long stomach sickness has passed (mostly).   Life is sweet.  Our only responsibility is to take care of little O and our gardens.  So, here's our long overdue chickpea salad recipe.  It got me happily through many a quick lunch during the semester and summer classes (thanks Michelle). 



Chickpea Salad

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained
2 T veganaise
1/2 t ground mustard
1/4 t dill
1/4 t basil
1/8 t celery salt
1/8 t garlic powder
1/2 C cucumber, chopped
1/4 C celery, chopped
fresh ground pepper to taste

Smash the chickpeas with a fork and add in the rest of the ingredients.  Mix it up.  

That's it.  You're done.  

Now spread it on some bread and top it with a tomato and some lettuce. mmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

Latayy said...

that salad looks nice
very filling
Something I would like to try

Check me out
http://barbadianvegan.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy making aka eating salads like this. It is also good as a dip with crackers. I found a recipe when I was in a library looking through a diabetic cookbook from the late 70s - I love to look at gross pictures of food, along the lines of James Lileks. I am happy to find your blog! & those cookies are making me drool :)

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering as I type..I have to try this recipe! Since going vegan I havn't tempted to make any sanwich salad fillings, thanks!!